A book published on the occasion of Julien Creuzet’s solo show at the Palais de Tokyo, 20.02 – 12.05.2019
Julien Creuzet is an artist, videographer, performer and poet. He links forgotten, minority histories and imaginary representations of distant places with the social realities of the here and now.
His exhibition at the Palais de Tokyo, which visit is rhythmed by a soundtrack composed specifically for it, takes the form of an immersive environment akin to a large public space suffused with the permanent state of tension that characterizes our era. It presents a multiplicity of different works and offers an array of disjointed narratives. Preferring anachronism to the linearity of established stories, Creuzet thus invokes poetry and politics to unfold a mobile imaginary that brings together different temporalities and geographies.
– “An Interview or Not,” interview between Julien Creuzet and Yoann Gourmel
– “Flashing Light-Elegy,” by Eva Barois De Caevel and Dorothée Dupuis.
About the authors:
– Eva Barois De Caevel is an independent curator. She is in charge of publications at RAW Material Company—Center for Art Knowledge and Society (Dakar).
– Dorothée Dupuis is an independent curator, art critic and publisher. She is the founder and editor in chief of the magazine Terremoto.mx.
– Yoann Gourmel is a curator at the Palais de Tokyo. He curated Julien Creuzet’s solo show.
Format: 16 x 24cm
17 € (France)