Nouvelles Vagues - Program
Click here to see the teaser
- Archive La méthode JacobsonCollective exhibition 21/06/2013 - 08/09/2013Using an exercise in neuromuscular relaxation conceived in 1938 by Edmund Jacobson as a core concept, an exhibition fashioned as though it were a mental image.
- Archive The black moonCollective exhibition 21/06/2013 - 08/09/2013A novel-exhibition presenting an encounter between a man and a woman visiting an exhibition... A narrative suggested by the juxtaposition of works.
- Archive Le Principe GalápagosCollective exhibition 21/06/2013 - 08/09/2013Between apparition and disappearance, an exhibition that examines the biotope of art’s relationship to the rest of the world, inspired by Darwin’s work on the Galapagos Archipelago.
- Archive ADAMonographic exhibition 21/06/2013 - 08/09/2013An industrial robot that has been transformed into a choreographed light sculpture, inspiring a series of musical responses; evading the notions of both artwork and performance.
- Archive Le Club des sous l'eauCollective exhibition 21/06/2013 - 08/09/2013Reviving the first deep-sea diving club founded by Jean Painlevé in 1934 and transposing it to an artistic context, a whimsical and poetic experimental structure.
- Archive Martí Anson, catalan pavilion. Anonymous architectMonographic exhibition 21/06/2013 - 08/09/2013An examination of the society’s modes of production via a 1:1 scale model of a building conceived by the artist’s father in the ‘70s.
- Archive Companionable silencesCollective exhibition 21/06/2013 - 08/09/2013In cosmopolitan Paris of the early to mid 20th century, artists put forward a plural, moving identity that questions Western authority.
- Archive Artesur, collective fictionsThematic exhibition 21/06/2013 - 08/09/2013Using the motif of the game of exquisite corpse, an exploration of arte-sur.org, a database of contemporary Latin-American works that examines the local and the global in relation to artistic production.
- Archive Concert HallCollective exhibition 21/06/2013 - 08/09/2013A mammoth installation that resembles a music box in which sound pieces and visual works combine to create a multi-sensory experience.
- Archive AntigraziosoCollective exhibition 21/06/2013 - 08/09/2013An exhibition conceived as a scenario in which artworks and non-art objects enact different narratives. A visual composition of elements from various discursive fields, presented as a single, expanded, image.
- Archive Un escalier d'eauCollective exhibition 21/06/2013 - 08/09/2013An invitation to enjoy the moments of silence inherent in reflection or daydreaming, in order to explore the distended matter of the present in which fiction and reality combine.
- Archive Memorial parkCollective exhibition 21/06/2013 - 08/09/2013In sharp contrast with spectacular and monumental effects, an exhibition of works by Korean artists that invites visitors to wander through memory.
- Archive The real thing ?Collective exhibition 21/06/2013 - 08/09/2013Diverse attitudes towards performance question the ambiguous terrain of the real, challenging its construction and our mediated experience.
- Archive Champs ElyséesCollective exhibition 21/06/2013 - 08/09/2013A replica of the ideal cemetery, the exhibition brings together works exploring the funerary aesthetic and its function of symbolic survival.
- Archive File not foundCollective exhibition 21/06/2013 - 08/09/2013A Jesuit chapel, a symbolic space from the Singapore Museum transplanted to the very heart of the Palais de Tokyo, calls into question the rules of the museum institution.
- Archive La fin de la nuit (Part 1)Collective exhibition 21/06/2013 - 08/09/2013Focusing on the venomous figure of Kenneth Anger, an icon of underground cinema since the 1950s, the exhibition contemplates experimental film, mysticism and Californian subcultures.
- Archive This HouseCollective exhibition 21/06/2013 - 08/09/2013A psycho-geography that explores the connections between architecture and politics by examining memory, be it that of Apartheid or of other events.
- Archive The Floating AdmiralCollective exhibition 21/06/2013 - 08/09/2013A collaborative exhibition on the trail of the death of painting… Each curator takes up the investigation where it was left off by his or her predecessor.
- Archive A history of inspirationCollective exhibition 21/06/2013 - 08/09/2013A seemingly incongruous encounter between an Ottoman miniature from the 16th century and a standard Microsoft screen generates an exploration of the imagination.
- Archive Henrique Oliveira. BaitogogoMonographic exhibition 21/06/2013 - 08/09/2013A spectacular and invasive sculptural Gordian Knot combining the vegetal and the organic, for which the building itself seems to be the matrix.
- Archive CondensationResidency program artists Hermes Corporate FoundationCollective exhibition 21/06/2013 - 08/09/2013Imagined as an encounter between the spheres of dream interpretation and alchemy, Condensation presents works created as part of the artist residencies sponsored by the Fondation d’Entreprise Hermès.
- Vidéos Nouvelles vagues
Des têtes à têtes avec les artistes pour plonger dans leur univers et mieux comprendre leur démarche.
- Magazine Palais #18PALAIS offers an in-depth perspective at the exhibitions and the program of the Palais de Tokyo. Each season, the magazine places considerable emphasis on the artists’ self-expression, while inventing new kinds of interventions. It is open to other fields and other temporalities, thus becoming a tool for the comprehension of the present.
- GUIDEBOOK OF SEASON "NOUVELLES VAGUES"Guidebook of season “Nouvelles vagues”, an indispensable tool for discovering the Palais de Tokyo’s programme.