Season 2 : Imagine the imaginary - program
The season Imagine the imaginary, at the Palais de Tokyo, as close as possible to the artist’s thinking, as close as possible to creation as it is taking shape, in the very wake of the invention of the artwork…
Sept 28, 2012 — Feb 11, 2013
Watch the video
- Archive Imagination adriftExhibition 28/09/2012 - 07/01/2013A themed exhibition in the new season of the Palais de Tokyo, Imagination Adrift gives meaning to the entire autumn program schedule. From Ryan Gander to Fabrice Hyber by way of Damir Očko or Neïl Beloufa, each exhibition will explore the “implementation” processes. From intention to realization, from dream to reality… visitors will be in close proximity to the artist’s brain, and survey these uncharted territories of the imagination.
- Archive Fabrice HyberRaw materialsExhibition 28/09/2012 - 14/01/2013“The exhibition condenses and redistributes different preoccupations centered on the process of transforming materials and the power for metamorphoses of works of art.” “For me, a work of art is a beginning of a sentence that is not completed…” F. Hyber
This exhibition benefits from the support of Swarovski
- Archive Ryan GanderEsperluetteLibrary's artist 28/09/2012 - 07/01/2013Esperluette by Ryan Gander inaugurates the Bibliothèques d’artiste program. The title of this exhibition designates the logogram “&”
- Archive East side storiesContemporary Croat videosExhibition 28/09/2012 - 10/12/2012A video program offering a selection of five artists, from several generations, using the medium of video and film and representing different aspects of the contemporary Croat scene.As part of festival d'Automne and "Croatie, la voici"
- Archive Markus SchinwaldOvertureExhibition 17/10/2012 - 07/01/2013In the Galerie Wilson, Markus Schinwald explores the monumental architecture of the Palais de Tokyo to design an installation that is theatrical in appearance; through the interplay of shade and light and manipulations of space and time, it invites visitors to discover a disturbing, agonizing universe.
- Archive Neïl BeloufaLes Inoubliables prises d’autonomieExhibition 17/10/2012 - 11/02/2013For his first major solo exhibition in a French institution, Neïl Beloufa is offering an inventory of his own output, in an arranged setting questioning the role of the artist, but also the purpose of images, figures and myths in a mediatized world.
- Archive Damir OčkoThe Kingdom of GlottisExhibition 17/10/2012 - 11/02/2013For his first sizeable exhibition, Damir Očko invites visitors to discover a universe that is both melancholic and poetic, in the spaces provided by the Palais de Tokyo.
As part of ‘‘Croatie, la Voici’’
- Archive Après l’histoire : Alexandre Kojève photographeExhibition 17/10/2012 - 07/01/2013Le philosophe et historien de l’art, Boris Groys, organise une exposition autour des archives d’Alexandre Kojève, l’un des philosophes les plus importants du XXe siècle, pionnier et homme politique européen.
- Archive Helen MartenEvian DiseaseExhibition 17/10/2012 - 07/01/2013Helen Marten, the winner of the 2011 Prix Lafayette, pokes humorously at questions of ownership or dishonesty in materials.
- Archive Bernard AubertinInterventions on the building 28/09/2012 - 11/02/2013For his intervention at the Palais de Tokyo Bernard Aubertin has decided to devise a monumental set of tableaux-feu [fire pictures].
- John GiornoInterventions on the building 28/09/2012 - Indefinite-term“John Giorno raises questions to an almost unbearable pitch, to a scream of surprised recognition. His litanies from the underworld of the mind reverberate in your head and ventriloquize your own thoughts.” - William S. Burroughs
- Archive Takahiro IwasakiGlance, Object, SymbolInterventions on the building 28/09/2012 - 01/05/2013From hair, dust and other organic residues, the artist designs minuscule sculptures that suggest certain buildings that are emblematic of the capital.
- September modulesIn September three new artists are exhibiting in the context of the Fondation Pierre Bergé - Yves Saint Laurent Modules: Jonathan Binet, Tjorg Douglas Beer who is bringing in the Galerie Utopia / The forgotten bar project: The Garden of Eden, and Thierry Liegeois.
Accessible free of charge.
- Fashion programWith its new ‘‘Fashion Program’’ format, the Palais de Tokyo is participating in innovative experiments in the field of fashion marking the reinvention of the codes of presenting dressmaking, and changing our relationship to the body. Thus in collaboration with the Festival d’Automne and the Musée Galliera, Olivier Saillard sets out to revisit the very concept of a collection of clothes.
- Online ProjectsTrue to its ambition of supporting the most contemporary artistic practices, in September 2012 the Palais de Tokyo is introducing the launch of its Online Projects. As a repetitive form, an emerging artist whose practice is Internet-based will be invited to present a novel work on the Palais de Tokyo website. The first session will be opened by the Canadian artist Jon Rafman.
- December ModulesSeason 2In December five new artists exhibit within the Modules Fondation Pierre Bergé - Yves Saint Laurent: Mimosa Echard, Maxime Chanson, Henrik Potter, Eponine and Iván Argote Momenceau7 December 2012 January 21, 2013Free of charge
- Archive Lost in L.A.Extra mural project 01/12/2012 - 27/01/2013Palais de Tokyo expands globally, France Los Angeles eXchange (FLAX) mounts large installation: Lost In LA